We love camping season! If you are a camper or want to try it this summer, it’s always best to start planning early (like more than 90 days ahead!). Though January and February may seem WAY too early to get booking campsites you will find that many fill up very quickly in advance. National Parks usually open for registration in January and book up FAST, and Alberta Parks open 90 days in advance of your day of arrival.
The Alberta Mamas love to camp. Well, most of us. During May, June, July, August and sometimes September you will find us trekking around Alberta with our families in tow in the great outdoors, and bringing our discoveries back to you! This post is a round up of all the campground reviews we’ve compiled over our years of exploring!
Alberta Mamas’ Campsite Reviews
It can be difficult to choose a campsite. Common questions like “are there flush toilets?” “is the lake swimmable?” “do they have activities for kids?” “can I get a site with power?” and “what do the sites actually look like?” come to mind. We’ve compiled a list of campgrounds in Alberta that we have personally reviewed to make things easier for you!
- North Buck Lake Campground & Provincial Recreation Area by Boyle
- Jarvis Bay Campground & Provincial Park on Sylvan Lake
- Wabamun Campground & Provincial Park on Lake Wabamun
- Pigeon Lake Campground & Provincial Park on Pigeon Lake
- Marten River Campground at Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park
- Red Lodge Campground & Provincial Park near Bowden
- Rochon Sands Campground & Provincial Park on Buffalo Lake
- Willey West Campground near Drayton Valley
- Long Lake Campground & Provincial Park on Long Lake
- Garner Lake Campground & Provincial Park on Garner Lake
- Heritage Camping at Rocky Mountain House National Historic Park
- Rainbow Valley Campground in Edmonton’s river valley
- A round up of some of our favourite campgrounds in Alberta
- Glamping options in Alberta
- Round up of Alberta campgrounds with POOLS
- Our favourite EASY camping meals
- 150 things to do while camping
We are always on the hunt for new Alberta Campsites to explore, so please share your favourites with us! If you would like to write a review on an Alberta Campground please email us at email@example.com.
Kim Ouellette is a Co-Founder of Alberta Mamas and an Edmonton Realtor with Schmidt Realty Group. She is a wife, mom, daughter, friend and adventure seeker who loves to explore Alberta and beyond. Connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org